Local & State Government
LOSN believes that local government impacts all aspects of sustainability. Government policy greatly affects the sustainability of our society through mandates, subsidies and regulations. Our federal, state and local governments all played a part in building our current society and will be a major factor in moving toward a more sustainable society.
Our team works closely with the city and county and strives to create positive personal relationships with staff and elected officials. In addition, we provide support for state sustainability initiatives, knowing that the state can address sustainability goals which our individual counties and cities cannot do on our own. We work to support government sustainability efforts and we advocate for specific policies. We appreciate our hard-working public service staff and elected officials, and it is important that they see sustainability as a critical priority. We believe that all citizens have a role to play in promoting sustainable practices within local government.
- Support the city in implementing the Sustainability and Climate Action Plan
- Strive to create good relationships with those who work at the City of Lake Oswego and on Clackamas County’s Climate Action Plan.
- Advocate and promote the State of Oregon’s Climate Action and other state sustainability initiatives
- Increase community involvement in advocating for sustainable practices and policies.
- City of Lake Oswego
- Clackamas County
- State of Oregon
- Implementation of community action items in the city Sustainability and Climate Action Plan
- Partner with the Mayors’ office to promote the EcoHome LO tool
- Repair Fairs with Clackamas County
- Promote the Clackamas County Leaders in Sustainability certification program
- Working to promote an optimally sustainable wastewater treatment plant with city and community leaders
- Providing sustainability input for the City staff working on the new aquatic center
- Submit testimony supporting the DEQ Climate Protection Plan
- Lisa Adatto
- Duke Castle
- Mike Perham
- Kathleen Wiens
Lisa Adatto firstname.lastname@example.org