Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
One of the three pillars of sustainability is social equity along with the environment and economic vitality. LOSN’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion incorporates a strong social equity component into our organization and for our community.
Create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive community. Incorporate and embed diversity equity and inclusion internally in the LOSN organization.
- Collaborative Candidate forums with Respond to Racism
- Work internally with the LOSN board to embed DEI thinking into LOSN through internal assessments of activities and action teams.
- Internal education through quarterly reading group for LOSN and DEI action teams on topics relevant to DEI and sustainability
Areas of Interest
- Educate the community through partnership programs with the LO library.
- Develop relationships with other social equity groups and groups that represent non-dominate races (such as: LO For Love, Interfaith connections, Hunger Fighters, Hispanic Community, Asian community
- Promote dialogue between diverse constituents on thorny issues (such as race, low-income housing)